Need help? Call 0800 885 284 (NZ Only) or Email Us
'Gisborne's best kept secret'
• Breathe the clean mountain air
• Drink the pure spring water
• Discover the pleasures of living in the remote hills of Gisborne.
• Experience Gisborne's stunning, rugged backcountry as you leave SH2 and weave through the unique bluffs and rock sculptures on the 13 kms up Makaretu Road to Haurata.
• Unwind in the stylish and cosy, fully self contained farmhouse with a great wood burning fire and gas powered out-door hot tub.
• Add to the luxury of your getaway by ordering delicious, wholesome gourmet meals, which will be cooked for you, on-site, using fresh produce from our garden and the local area.
• Walk the three spectacular, well-marked day tracks. Feel exhilarated as you venture to ‘the top of the world', or discover the remarkable waterfalls and native bush.
• Relax on the large deck with a surrounded by nothing but nature, garden and lush green hills.
Be the first to place a review about Haurata High Country Retreat!
You can place a review of your stay using the form to the right, or from the email we send you after your booking. Reviews can only be placed by those who have booked through Travelbug, and they will show as 'Travelbug verified' on the listing page. Accommodation suppliers have the ability to place a public response to each review. Please take note of the Travelbug terms and conditions as they relate to traveller comments.
Travelbug comments are verified. Your comment will only appear if you have booked and stayed at this property via Travelbug (use the same email address that you booked with). Refer to our comments terms and conditions for more information