Need help? Call 0800 885 284 (NZ Only) or Email Us
Arden Street House was built in the 1930's by a Scottish sea captain and the house reflects his influence with beautiful stained glass windows depicting sea themes. The era of art deco is visable throughout the house with pretty and characterfull ceilings in some rooms, leadlights oak panelling and picture rails.
Your host Joyce Lepperd, her family and cat enjoy travellers' stories in the quiet comfortable and quirky home. For those who enjoy meeting the local Dunedin arty and interesting population, Joyce hosts lively social dinners using fabulous organic produce from her garden. There is also a piano for guest use. Guests describe our home as having a warmth far beyond temperature!
The house has large character spacious bedrooms with fabulous views and is well suited to those wishing for the quiet experience, including waking each morning to the sound of birdsong (tui, bellbirds and kereru - to name a few).
Arden Street House is located just 3 minutes walk from the beautiful Botanical Gardens, Knox College and 20 minutes walk from the city centre, University of Otago and Community Hospice.
- Our living and dining room. Our open fire is warm on Dunedin winter evenings. The dinner table is beside large bay windows with a view over the valley. A good continental breakfast is served here every morning.
- Our bedrooms are full of character. Large, clean, well-furnished and comfortable. There are 2 twin rooms both with rich African themes- with a queensize or double and a single bed. Each one has a TV, table and chairs as well as vanity units, storage space, heater and electric blankets, hairdryers. There is also a single room. Children are welcome.
- Great views of north Dunedin.
- Arden Street House has sufficient car-parking space for a full house of guests.
- Laundry facilities are available (at a small extra cost).
- The kitchen is well-stocked with produce from our organic garden.
- The bathroom is a guest share. It is roomy and decorated with some interesting plantlife! One bedroom has its own ensuite bathroom.
Travelbug comments are verified. Your comment will only appear if you have booked and stayed at this property via Travelbug (use the same email address that you booked with). Refer to our comments terms and conditions for more information