New Zealand destinations
Free 1GB per day for YHA members (valid for stays).
Rotorua's finest lodge, YHA Rotorua, offers budget backpacker accommodation right beside Kuirau Park, Rotorua's free geothermal attraction, and only two minutes' walk from shops, cafes, restaurants and the beautiful Lake Rotorua.
Members, ask for your free mobile SIM at the hostel
This Rotorua hostel has a choice of indoor or outdoor dining with a spacious modern kitchen as well a large outdoor deck and BBQ. Communal backpacker facilities include a comfortable separate lounge and TV room with lots of DVDs to watch and a coin operated laundry service.
Our hostel is also an active member of the Rotorua Sustainable Tourism Charter - recycling, energy efficiency and biodegradable laundry powders and cleaning products are just some of the measures taken at YHA Rotorua.
As Rotorua is the ultimate tourist destination, offering a huge range of sightseeing attractions and activities to suit every taste and budget, we want to make sure your stay in Rotorua is enjoyable and memorable. At YHA Rotorua, activities and travel desk we can arrange unbeatable discounts on a range of Rotorua activities including geo-thermal tours, Maori cultural evenings and awesome outdoor adventures.
There is a wide range of accommodation to choose from at YHA Rotorua: 4 bed share rooms, 6 bed bunk rooms, 3 bed share rooms, standard double rooms, twin/double en-suite rooms and a family room featuring a double bed and 2 singles.
Special features at YHA Rotorua that backpackers love:
• This Rotorua hostel is stylish and new - designed with comfort and security in mind.
• A wide range of budget backpacker accommodation options –fresh linen provided in all rooms. We also provide towels for all private rooms.
• Excellent modern self-catering kitchen as well as outdoor BBQ area and sun deck.
• Delicious evening meals available
• Plenty of on-site parking.
• Separate lounge and TV room with free DVD collection.
• Centrally heated throughout.
• High speed internet access.
• Plenty of separate male and female bathrooms
• Free luggage storage and secure coin lockers available
• Cot available on request
YHA New Zealand is a non-profit membership organisation.
Government issued photo ID required for each guest at check in.
Qualmark Star Rating
Travelbug comments are verified. Your comment will only appear if you have had a confirmed booking with the business provider via Travelbug (use the same email address that you booked with). Refer to our comments terms and conditions for more information