This privacy statement sets out Travelbug's firm commitment to privacy and discloses our information gathering and usage practices. For additional information about Travelbug, please review our Travelbug Terms and Conditions.
Use of your information
- Travel Booking Services 2016 LP (Travel Booking Services) collects personal information about you through your use of the Travelbug Website.
- Travel Booking Services may use this personal information to help it provide its services to you, to verify your identity, to enforce or apply terms and conditions, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Travel Booking Services 2016 LP, its users, or others, for internal research purposes, for promoting and marketing other Travel Booking Services products and Services to you, and for any other use that you authorise.
- Travel Booking Services does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
- Travel Booking Services will provide Operators with the information required to facilitate a booking that you make through the Travelbug site.
- We release account and other personal information only when we believe release is appropriate for legal compliance and law enforcement (including to government agencies with statutory law enforcement responsibilities); to facilitate court proceedings; enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Travel Booking Services 2016 LP, Travelbug users, or others. Government agencies with statutory roles enabling them to request data from us includes but is not restricted to Police, IRD and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. Members can contact Travel Booking Services to ask whether such information has been provided.
- Travel Booking Services uses its BookIt system in order to provide you with the Travelbug services. View the BookIt Terms and Conditions.
- Where Travel Booking Services uses third parties to undertake services, we may provide those third parties with some of your information if it is required to fulfil those services. For example, we use third party software (such as marketing automation software) that holds your information, sometimes overseas. We require any third party to undertake strict precautions to protect your information against unauthorised use or disclosure.
- It is the policy of Travelbug to send our users emails from time to time. It is also our policy to immediately remove any user from our mailing list upon the user's request. In addition, we may send Travelbug users a monthly newsletter or weekly deals email. Newsletters and deals emails will contain clear and obvious instructions for how the users can remove themselves from that mailing list.
- To make an online booking on Travelbug, you are required to provide us with your contact information and perhaps other demographic information. We may use your contact information from the booking form to send you information about our company and promotional material from some of our affiliated partners. Your contact information is also used to contact you when necessary. If you’re an advertiser on Travelbug and you have selected to purchase additional advertising features to be charged on a recurring basis, your contact details (such as name, email address and phone number) will be supplied to BookIt, but only for the purposes of billing by Travel Booking Services 2016 LP.
Credit Card Security
- We work diligently to protect the security of your personal information, including credit card information.
Login via Facebook and/or Google Credentials
- You can log into your Travelbug account using your Facebook or Google login credentials.
- Travelbug will not access your information from Facebook without your express permission. However, when you grant permission you are authorising Travelbug to collect, store, retain and use indefinitely, any and all information that you agreed Facebook could provide to Travelbug through the Facebook application programming interface. If you no longer wish to use Facebook in conjunction with Travelbug, you can remove our access through your Facebook account, or contact us for more information.
- Travelbug uses "session" cookies, which temporarily store information so our service can remember things you have done. The stored information is used to deliver the right content to you as you use the site. Session cookies expire immediately when you close your web browser or are deleted after 30 minutes of no activity on Travelbug. Note that the default length of time a session cookie is maintained by your web browser may differ based on your local web browser settings.
- We also use “persistent” cookies to personalise the user experience, to help protect our members and to provide us with research information (such as how often members visit Travelbug each month). Persistent cookies also allow us to provide you with the ‘My Shortlist’ feature. These cookies allow you to add listings to your Shortlist whether you are logged in or not. However, if you want to view your Shortlist from various browsers or devices, you will need to login to add listings to your Shortlist.
- We also allow some third parties to place remarketing cookies on your browser when you view their advertisements on Travelbug. This allows them to continue to show their advertisements to you when you visit other sites they advertise on, or to cap the frequency with which you see an advertisement.
Other information we collect
- We use additional information to do internal research on our users' demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand and serve you and the Travelbug community. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our site or not), what browser you are using, and your IP address (when bookings are made or review comments are placed).
- If you choose to post comments for other users, we will collect the information you provide to us.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if third parties send us correspondence about your activities or comments on the Travelbug site, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
Advertising and Third Party Links
- Some Travelbug advertisers may request information directly from users, or link to sites that do so. We have no control over advertisers' privacy policies, and encourage you to review such policies prior to submitting any personal information to them.
- Travelbug contains non-advertising links to a variety of third party sites to enhance the user experience. We have no control of either the content or privacy policies of such sites, nor should such links be considered an endorsement of these sites except where otherwise noted.
- Travel Booking Services uses Google remarketing to serve relevant ads to you after you leave our website. When you navigate around our website, and/or exhibit certain behaviours such as searching for accommodation or activities and creating bookings we either use Google to place a cookie on your browser, or we update the existing Google Analytics cookie. This enables us to remarket to you using technology such as the Google Display Network, or DoubleClick (or its successors), and means that you may see ads from Travel Booking Services or Travelbug when you later visit other websites.
- Travel Booking Services also uses information we hold about you to deliver display advertisements intended to be relevant to your interests, based on the information you have provided to us through the use of any of our website.
NZ Internet Statistics - Google Analytics and Nielsen Online
- We use Google Analytics and occasionally the Nielsen Online counting system to collect information about use of the site, such as the number of visitors per day or the number of pages requested per day. To do this, Travelbug has a small piece of code on each page which counts these statistics.
Updates to our privacy practices
- From time to time, we make changes to our privacy practices or alter the functionality of our site. We always update this statement accordingly, so we encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on Travelbug privacy practices.
- If you have any questions about our privacy practices or any other matter, please contact us.