342 Hill Rd RD2 Napier
Jes and Eileen Roddy look forward to welcoming you to their guesthouse, a fully restored building on the site of one of the earliest farms in the Esk Valley. We provide a high quality service and offer you a comfortable, relaxing, refreshing and enjoyable stay. We are 4 star plus rated which guarantees quality service and satisfaction.
Esk Valley Lodge offers high quality accommodation in 6 Hectares (18 acres) of vineyards and beautiful gardens, making peace and privacy a key feature, yet only 15 minutes from Art Deco Napier and 10 minutes from the airport.
Our rooms, Sauvignon, Semillon and Riesling are named after the grapes they overlook. Our large rooms have vineyard and valley views, private facilities, king size beds, quality linen and fine native timber fittings. Guests have use of the large lounge and library downstairs. Along with the usual compliments tray, which includes herbal teas, and filtered water, each room, has heat pumps for environmentally friendly heating and cooling.
We also offer free wireless broadband internet access in all rooms and free use of the computer in the guest lounge.
Breakfasts at Esk Valley Lodge are freshly cooked to your requirements and feature local ingredients. Organic or spray free fruit and vegetables are used as much as possible. Whenever possible we use fruit and vegetables from our gardens and orchard or produce from the local environs. This includes the use of eggs from our own chickens, vegetables from our gardens and avocados, asparagus and sauces and relishes from Esk Valley producers.
At the lodge itself guests can :
* Wander the quiet gardens or pick flowers, vegetables or fruit for the table. The orchard contains over a hundred fruit trees of almost every sort grown in New Zealand
* Play Petanque or croquet on the lawn
* Use the retro-style bikes available for guests to explore the surroundings, including two wineries, a lavender farm, the cafes of the Esk valley. The river, walks and a surf beach are all within 10 minutes cycle ride.
* Or stay in and read a book, watch a DVD movie from the library, relax by the log fire.
Nearby activities include:
* Fly and surf fishing ranging from the quiet local Esk river, the wild Mohaka river 20 minutes up the valley, or the pounding Pacific surf 5 minutes away
* Many golf courses, from the rustic Te Pohue course to the world- class Cape Kidnappers.
* Spectacular walks through native flora and fauna, with magnificent views of valley and ocean.
* Various garden tours, including the famous Trellinoe Park, just 20 minutes up the valley
* The gannet colony at Cape Kidnappers, one of the few mainland colonies in the world.
CHARLES J POLI
10 December 2017
11 July 2017
22 April 2017
04 February 2017