64, Mokoia Road Ngongotaha, RD7 Rotorua
MOKOIA DOWNS SPRING SPECIAL - 10% discount for all direct bookings for August, September and October 2018. Enter promo code Moko18 when booking. Offer expires 31 October 2018.
If you need further information before booking please contact the host directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
A member of Bed & Breakfast Association NEW ZEALAND, Mokoia Downs is an award winning B&B set in five acres of secluded, park-like grounds. Home to sheep, donkeys, a miniature horse, hens, ducks, guinea pigs, goldfish, lots of native birds and a worm farm, Mokoia Downs is an ideal place for relaxation as well as the perfect base for exploring Rotorua and the surrounding area.
With so many unique or unusual features, including an indie cinema, vintage petrol pump and windmill, a bar and micro-distillery, an organic fruit, vegetable and herb garden, and antique farm machinery, Mokoia Downs is a unique B&B that offers memorable experiences rather than simply a place to stay.
Rates offer excellent value for money, and are inclusive of:
• Tea or coffee or cold drink plus home-baking on arrival
• Complementary drinks from the micro-distillery, including a tasting session at the Anglers Arms bar on one evening of your stay
• A sumptuous breakfast of cold and hot dishes, with a variety of organic, home-grown produce and home-made delights
• Tea, coffee and biscuits in rooms, plus fridge for storage
• Wireless internet in all rooms and guest areas of the house, and also in the adjacent cinema lounge
• Availability on request of private office for business use / conference calls
• Use of all facilities and amenities, including main lounge, conservatory, flat-screen TV, adjacent “indie” movie lounge with kitchenette and BBQ facilities, music system, laundry, swimming pool (summer only)
• Use of sets of golf clubs, tees and balls (two 9 hole and three 18 hole courses are nearby)
• Use of yoga mats in cinema lounge (formerly a Dance Studio) for exercise / relaxation
• Nature trail around Mokoia Downs after breakfast on at least one morning of your stay, with lots of opportunities to feed and pet animals, and (depending on the mood of the hens!) even choose eggs for the next days' breakfast,
• Discount vouchers for a range of Rotorua attractions
• Informed guidance (and help with itinerary planning if required) on all local amenities and attractions and free calls to local land-line numbers
• All taxes, including GST where applicable and credit card processing
• Anything else we can think of that will help to make your experience of Mokoia Downs and Rotorua a memorable one
All our rooms provide:
Freshly cut flowers; wireless internet access; power socket board with USB ports for charging devices; very comfortable beds with high quality linen, towels and bathrobes; reading lamps, hairdryer, alarm clock, heater / fan; fridge; tea, coffee and hot chocolate plus home-baked cookies; outside deck or patio with table and chairs.
In addition to the tremendous natural beauty of the Rotorua area, the geo-thermal landscapes and the many world class visitor attractions, due to its location the area is also an ideal base for exploring central north island, and places such as Matamata (home to Hobbiton, where some of the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies were filmed), Hamilton, Cambridge, Tauranga, Mount Maunganui,Taupo and Whakatane (base for boat trips to White Island, home to New Zealand's most active volcano) are all within 60-75 minutes drive of our B&B. Waitomo's caves are just under 2 hours from Mokoia Downs, and a number of our guests have made day trips there while staying with us.
If you have not done so already, to find out more about Mokoia Downs, including reviews from guests, please do visit our website, and also check out our Facebook page at:
Guests who have a Facebook account and click to like us will receive updates on Mokoia Downs in advance of their visit.
For further information please contact the host directly at email@example.com