New Zealand destinations
A member of Bed & Breakfast Association NEW ZEALAND, Mokoia Downs is an award winning B&B set in five acres of secluded, park-like grounds. Home to sheep, donkeys,hens, ducks, guinea pigs, goldfish, lots of native birds and a worm farm, Mokoia Downs is an ideal place for relaxation as well as the perfect base for exploring Rotorua and the surrounding area.
With so many unique or unusual features, including an indie cinema, vintage petrol pump and windmill, a bar and micro-distillery, an organic fruit, vegetable and herb garden, and antique farm machinery, Mokoia Downs is a unique B&B that offers memorable experiences rather than simply a place to stay.
Rates offer excellent value for money, and are inclusive of:
• A sumptuous breakfast of cold and hot dishes, with a variety of organic, home-grown produce and home-made delights.
• Tea and coffee upon arrival
• Free WiFi throughout property.
• Complementary drinks from the micro-distillery, including a tasting session at the Anglers Arms bar on one evening of your stay.
• Private office available on for business use / conference calls
• Use of all facilities and amenities, including main lounge, conservatory, flat-screen TV, adjacent “indie” movie lounge with kitchenette and BBQ facilities, music system, laundry, swimming pool (mid-Nov-March).
• Use of golf clubs, tees and balls (two 9 hole and three 18 hole courses are nearby).
• Use of yoga mats in cinema lounge (formerly a Dance Studio) for exercise / relaxation.
• Nature trail around Mokoia Downs after breakfast on at least one morning of your stay, with opportunities to feed and pet animals, and (depending on the mood of the hens!) even gather eggs for the next day's breakfast.
• Discount vouchers for a range of Rotorua attractions.
• Informed guidance (and help with itinerary planning if required) on all local amenities and attractions and free calls to local land-line numbers.
• All taxes, including GST and credit card processing.
• Anything else we can think of that will help to make your experience of Mokoia Downs and Rotorua a memorable one
All our rooms provide:
Wireless internet access; power socket board with USB ports for charging devices; comfortable beds with high quality linen, towels and bathrobes; reading lamps, hairdryer, alarm clock, heater / fan; fridge; tea, coffee and hot chocolate, cookies; outside deck or patio with table and chairs.
In addition to the natural beauty of the Rotorua area, the geo-thermal landscapes and the many world class visitor attractions, Rotorua is also an ideal base for exploring the central north island. Places such as Matamata (home to Hobbiton, where some of the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies were filmed), Hamilton, Cambridge, Tauranga, Mount Maunganui, Taupo and Whakatane (base for boat trips to White Island, home to New Zealand's most active volcano) are all within a 60-75 minutes drive of our B&B. Waitomo Caves are just under 2 hours from Mokoia Downs, and a number of our guests have made day trips there while staying with us.
If you have not done so already, to find out more about Mokoia Downs, including reviews from guests, please visit our website, and check out (and Like) our Facebook page for updates on Mokoia Downs in advance of your visit: https://www.facebook.com/MokoiaDownsBandB
For any further information, you can contact your host directly at email@example.com.
Travelbug comments are verified. Your comment will only appear if you have had a confirmed booking with the business provider via Travelbug (use the same email address that you booked with). Refer to our comments terms and conditions for more information