New Zealand destinations
Mokoia Downs B&B offers friendly, relaxed hospitality in an idyllic, secluded 5-acre country setting only 12 kms from central Rotorua. Home to sheep, donkeys, hens, ducks, and a range of native birds Mokoia Downs is an ideal place for relaxation as well as the perfect base for exploring the sights of Rotorua and surrounding area.
With many unique or unusual features, including an indie-style cinema, vintage petrol pump and windmill, antique farm machinery and organic fruit, vegetable and herb gardens, you are offered a complete memorable experience rather than simply a place to stay.
STAY AT MOKOIA DOWNS B&B and you will enjoy:
• Refreshments upon arrival
• A sumptuous breakfast of cold and hot dishes, with a variety of organic, home-grown produce and home-made delights.
• Free WiFi throughout the property.
• Use of all facilities and amenities, including the main lounge with flat screen TV, a sunny conservatory, an adjacent “indie” movie lounge with kitchenette and BBQ facilities, laundry facilities and swimming pool (mid-Nov-March).
• Use of yoga mats in cinema lounge (formerly a Dance Studio) for exercise / relaxation.
• Nature trail around Mokoia Downs after breakfast with opportunities to feed and pet animals, and (depending on the mood of the hens!) gather eggs for breakfast the next day.
• Discount vouchers for a range of Rotorua attractions.
• Help with itinerary planning on local attractions and restaurants.
OUR ROOMS: All our rooms provide:
• Comfortable beds with high quality linen, towels and bathrobes;
• Fridge, electric kettle and complimentary tea, coffee and cookies
• Private/ensuite bathroom
• Reading lamps, alarm clock
• Personal heating in winter; pedestal fan in summer
• Outside deck or patio with table and chairs
In addition to the natural beauty, the geo-thermal landscapes and the many world class visitor attractions, Rotorua is also an ideal base for exploring the central north island. Places such as Matamata (home to Hobbiton, where some of the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies were filmed), Hamilton, Cambridge, Tauranga, Mount Maunganui, Taupo and Whakatane (the base for boat trips to White Island, home to New Zealand's most active volcano) are all within a 60-75 minute drive of the B&B. Waitomo Caves are just under 2 hours from Mokoia Downs, and a number of our guests have made day trips there while staying with us.
AWARD WINNING B&B
• Currently # 2 on Tripadvisor for B&B’s in Rotorua (Ranked #1 and 2 for last 8 years)
• Tripadvisor Hall of Fame (2018)
• Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner in each year between 2012 and 2018
• Tripadvisor Travellers' Choice award winner 2013-2019, for top 25 rated B&Bs in New Zealand and the South Pacific. (ranked #10 in New Zealand and #14 in the South Pacific region in 2019 awards)
THE FINE PRINT
• Minimum 2-night stays although 3 nights is recommended to have time to fully enjoy facilities offered at the B&B as well as to see the local sights.
• Children 6 years and over are welcome.
• Closed 1 May to 31 August.
For any further information, you can contact your host directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.mokoiadowns.com.
Travelbug comments are verified. Your comment will only appear if you have had a confirmed booking with the business provider via Travelbug (use the same email address that you booked with). Refer to our comments terms and conditions for more information