New Zealand destinations
The original homestead was known in the area for the beautiful cottage gardens and specimen trees. There are some beautiful examples of a hundred plus year old Kauri, Copper beech and magnificent magnolia trees which the tui love to visit.
During its history, there have been many families live in the villa with each generation adding their love and attention to the property. The bedrooms that are lovingly decorated are named from the families or significant aspects of its history.
· Fully renovated inside and outside during 2018.
· Just 10 minutes drive to central Matamata, 25 minutes drive to Hobbiton Movie set, 85 minutes to Waitomo Caves, 60 minutes to Rotorua.
· 3 rooms inside the main homestead plus a self contained cottage on the property.
· Evening meals available.
· Honesty bar operating at property.
· Rate includes full continental breakfast and cooked selection - Served between 0730 and 0900.
· Check in between 1500 and 2100, outside of these times by prior arrangement.
· Check out 10am.
· Extensive gardens, pet sheep, pet chickens, we also have 2 miniature Schnauzer dogs and one cat, dogs and cat do not enter guest areas.
· No child under the age of 12 permitted inside main homestead, Walton cottage can accommodate 3 people but must be by prior arrangement, rollaway will be used for 3rd person.
Be the first to place a review about Villa Walton Matamata!
You can place a review of your experience using the form to the right, or from the email we send you after your booking. Reviews can only be placed by those who have booked through Travelbug, and they will show as 'Travelbug verified' on the listing page. Business providers have the ability to place a public response to each review. Please take note of the Travelbug terms and conditions as they relate to traveller comments.
Travelbug comments are verified. Your comment will only appear if you have had a confirmed booking with the business provider via Travelbug (use the same email address that you booked with). Refer to our comments terms and conditions for more information