Travelbug – we make booking travel easy
At Travelbug, we reckon booking accommodation should be easy, secure, great value and fun. That’s why we do what we do; building things that help you make accommodation bookings that best suit your plans, whether that be booking a room for tonight on our mobile site or from home for 12 months down the track.
A quick history
Travelbug started back in the mists of time in late 2007 with only 1,200 New Zealand properties bookable. Now we have over 3,000 New Zealand properties from holiday parks and backpackers through to hotels and luxury lodges. We’ve also got another 150,000 places to stay all around the world - so we really do have the world covered.
In 2011 we added Secret Sale, our Travelbug auctions on Trade Me, launched Treat Me deals and in 2012 we added worldwide hotels. More exciting things are planned for 2013, watch this space!
What we do that’s different
We’re a Trade Me website, which means we’re committed to delivering awesome online experiences.
Travelbug was the first New Zealand site to offer verified user reviews and now all our reviews are verified: every review you read on Travelbug was left by someone who booked with us, so you know that it is an authentic experience from a real person.
We offer great deals that don’t talk about ’full rate’ or ’rack rate’ as we think these are made-up prices that never get charged. We’re also proud to partner with Treat Me to power the accommodation deals on their travel deals site.
Travelbug is located in Trade Me’s Wellington HQ in an office that says a lot about us - with a great coffee machine, a pool table and even a slide, plus all the tools our team need to do their job well. This also means that if you call us, you’ll speak with kiwis with kiwi attitudes who love to help.
There are a few ways to contact us:
- Call us on 0800 885 284 (8am-5pm 7 days per week) or 04 803 2700
- Email us, email@example.com
- Use our contact us page and fill in the form
- Get all social and follow us on Facebook or content
- Send us an actual letter to PO Box 11042, Manners Street, Wellington, New Zealand
We’ve got a small but perfectly formed team from all around New Zealand; here’s who they are and the place they love most in New Zealand:
Head of Travel
- Loves: foosball, time with his family and hoppy craft beer
- Favourite NZ destination: Opito Bay, Coromandel for its amazing pohutukawa-lined beach.
- Loves: sunshine, travelling and being outdoors
- Favourite NZ destination: Arrowtown because it’s such a beautiful, historic wee town.
- Loves: cheese, chocolate and snorkelling
- Favourite NZ destination: Cape Palliser for its stunning scenery, very few people, wildlife and there's no cell phone reception!
Travelbug General Manager
- Loves: long weekends away, endurance sport (marathons and triathlons), red wine and blue cheese
- Favourite NZ destination: Glenorchy, the road from Queenstown there must be one of NZ’s most stunning.
Customer Support Team Leader
- Loves: NZ music, shopping and long summer days
- Favourite NZ destination: Mt Maunganui for its amazing beaches and hot pools.
- Loves: Cycling and travelling (especially when done together), dark beer and dark chocolate (especially when enjoyed together)
- Favourite NZ destination: Anywhere near East Cape. Friendly people, empty roads and quiet windswept beaches.
- Loves: mountain biking, fishing, family and friends
- Favourite NZ destination: Coromandel (especially Moturua Island, Papa Aroha). Awesome scenery, great fishing.