Welcome to Travelbug, New Zealand's online travel site. The Travelbug website (Website)
is owned and operated by Katch Up Limited (5755055). By using the Website or the
Services, you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not accept them, you
must refrain from using the Website or the Services.
Terms and conditions
- These are the terms and conditions on which Katch Up Limited offers you access to the Website
and accommodation and activities, product and service search and booking services (the Services).
- These terms and conditions may be amended in whole or in part by Katch Up Limited at any
time at its discretion. Amendments will be effective immediately upon posting of
the amended terms and conditions on this Website. You are responsible for ensuring
you are familiar with the latest terms and conditions. Your continued use of the
Website or the Services represents your agreement to be bound by the amended terms
and conditions. These terms and conditions were last updated on 05 December 2016.
Your use of the Travelbug site
- You may only use Travelbug if you can form a legally binding contract that is enforceable
against you. You must be at least 18 years old.
- You agree to provide complete, accurate and current personal information when booking
accommodation or activities.
- Katch Up Limited reserves the right at its discretion to decline to provide you with the
Services at any time without entering further discussions with you. Any such termination
shall not affect any right or remedy to which Katch Up Limited may be entitled.
- Katch Up Limited will send you emails relating to your transactions and other activities
on the Website.
- Katch Up Limited may also send regular electronic newsletters to Travelbug users. Newsletters
will contain clear and obvious instructions for how you can unsubscribe from the
- Katch Up Limited provides the Website for you to find and book directly with
accommodation and activity operators (Operators). As part of the Services, Katch Up Limited staff may
also help you over the phone to make bookings on the Website, including by entering
into the Website on your behalf the information required for you to make a booking
(Helpline). You agree to use the Website and the Services for this purpose only.
- When you make a booking (whether yourself on the Website or via the Helpline) and
it is confirmed to you, you form a binding contract directly with the Operator.
You must only make a booking that you intend to use and pay for. You must not use
the Website or Helpline to make speculative, false or fraudulent bookings.
- Katch Up Limited is not a party to any agreement or transaction between you and an Operator,
including any booking for accommodation or activities or other products or services made using
the Website or Helpline. Accordingly, you agree not to involve, or attempt to involve,
Katch Up Limited in any dispute or in the resolution of disputes that may arise between
you and an Operator as a result of the Services provided. The inclusion on the Website
of any third party material or a link to a third party website does not mean Travel Booking
Services endorses or approves that third party or the third party material.
- Each Operator maintains and updates its own information on the Website through the
BookIt system. Katch Up Limited takes steps to ensure that information displayed on the
Website is accurate and complete, but does not guarantee that information on the
Website is free from errors or omissions and does not accept liability for any errors
or omissions. Katch Up Limited reserves the right to alter information published on the
Website if Katch Up Limited considers it incorrect or misleading.
- Katch Up Limited is not responsible or liable for any unavailability of accommodation or activity, products
or services that an Operator indicates on the Website is or are available.
- The Services and all information and materials on the Website are provided "as is"
and Katch Up Limited does not give any warranties of any kind, whether express or implied.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, all representations and warranties (statutory,
express or implied) are expressly excluded, including, but not limited to, any implied
warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Katch Up Limited makes
no representation or warranty about, and takes no responsibility or liability for,
the quality or suitability of any accommodation or activity, product or service featured on
- Exclusion and Limitation of liability: Katch Up Limited is not liable under
any circumstances (including, but not limited to, negligence) for any direct or
indirect loss or damage (including, but not limited to, general, consequential,
special or incidental loss or damages, loss of profits or loss of savings) suffered
by you or anyone else arising from the direct or indirect use of the Website or
the Services or from the use of, or inability to use, any accommodation or activity, product
or service booked or purchased using the Website or the Services, even if Travel Booking
Services has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages. In any event, if,
notwithstanding these terms and conditions, Katch Up Limited is held liable then Katch Up Limited'
total liability to you and those claiming through you under any and all causes of
action, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, shall not exceed the amount paid
by you, if any, for using the Website.
- Katch Up Limited will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure the availability of the Website
and the Services, subject to any downtime required for maintenance. However, Travel Booking
Services takes no responsibility for any system unavailability, or for any loss or damage
that is suffered as a result of the Website or Services being unavailable for any
reason. Katch Up Limited does not warrant that the Website or the Services will be uninterrupted
or error-free, or that the Website will be free from viruses or other harmful content.
Further, Katch Up Limited is not responsible or liable for the corruption of any data or
information submitted via the Website or held by Katch Up Limited.
- None of these terms limit your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
Payment, Fees and Charges
- Katch Up Limited receives non-refundable payments from Operators for providing the Services.
Katch Up Limited may also charge a booking fee for providing the Services. These fees and
charges will not be refunded to you if you cancel a confirmed booking or claim a
refund from the Operator of accommodation or activity, products or services booked using the
Website (directly or via the Helpline) except in exceptional circumstances, such
as where the Operator cancels a confirmed booking.
- If you have elected to purchase additional advertising features (such as the ‘make
an enquiry’ feature), you must pay with a valid credit card. You authorise Travel Booking
Services to charge your credit card for such amounts on a monthly or annual basis, depending
on your chosen preference. Your credit card will continue to be charged until you
terminate use of the selected additional feature. If Katch Up Limited is unable to effect
automatic payment via your credit card, you will be notified via email and your
advertising feature will be disabled until payment is received. We use Chargify
to process our recurring billing service.
- Katch Up Limited reserves the right to change at any time the fees charged for any of our
Services or the manner in which they are charged, imposed or collected. If we launch
a new service, the charges for that service will be effective at the launch of that
service unless otherwise stated.
- All fees are inclusive of New Zealand GST and in New Zealand dollars, unless otherwise
Changes, Cancellations and Refunds
- Cancellation policies are specific to each Operator and are detailed on the payment
confirmation page prior to final booking confirmation. A non-refundable fee of NZD$20
applies to all cancellations regardless of the supplier's cancellation policy. Where
you are entitled to a refund, the refund will be made to the same credit card that
you used to confirm the booking.
- Please contact the Operator directly to discuss any desired cancellations, changes
or refunds. Additional charges, or a refund, may apply depending on the nature of
the booking amendment.
- If you make a booking using a discount code, you will not be able to use that discount code on any subsequent booking amendment.
Amendments will be made using the normal price of the product being amended.
- If you make a booking using a discount code, you will not be able to use that discount code on any subsequent booking amendment. Amendments will be made using the normal price of the product being amended.
- If you are issued a reward discount code after completing a booking, the reward discount code will only be successfully applied to your next booking if your first booking is still confirmed.
- If you purchase a Travelbug voucher you are pre-paying for the right to purchase accommodation or activities in New Zealand, on this Website, up to the value available on the voucher.
- The unique voucher number must be entered at the point of purchase on the Travelbug Website. The voucher amount will be deducted from the total to pay.
- The voucher must be used for one transaction only. In the event the booking amount is less than the voucher value, any remaining voucher balance will be forfeited and no change will be given.
- The voucher lasts for 12 months from the date of issue. The expiry date is clearly marked on the voucher. Unused voucher amounts will be forfeited on expiry.
- Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash.
- You may only submit a comment on Travelbug if you have booked that business on Travelbug
- Only one comment is allowed per travelling party
- Comments you submit to the Website about Operators must be true in all respects and
be based only on your own experience with that Operator.
- Comments you submit to the Website must not be offensive, defamatory, unlawful,
misleading or deceptive.
- The Comment facility on the Website may not be used to promote any commercial or
business activity. If you own or are employed by an Operator, you must not post comments
about that Operator.
- Operators may place a reply to comments left on their listing page, and their replies
must adhere to these terms and conditions.
- Katch Up Limited is not responsible for any of the opinions expressed in the Comment facility.
By posting a comment you agree to take full legal responsibility and liability for your
comments and to indemnify Katch Up Limited from all liability, loss, damages, costs or expenses
suffered by Katch Up Limited in connection with your comment.
- Katch Up Limited reserves the right to remove any comments that it considers inappropriate, inflammatory or in breach of these terms and conditions, or where Katch Up Limited considers it appropriate to remove them.
- Comments submitted to the Website are provided for the sole purpose of facilitating the
operation of the Website and the Services. You must not market or export any comments on
the Website to any other venue or website.
- Governing Law: These terms and conditions are governed by the laws
of New Zealand. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New
- Intellectual Property Rights: Katch Up Limited (and its licensors or suppliers,
as the case may be) owns all intellectual property rights in the Website and the
Services (including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons and sound
recordings) and the software and other material underlying and forming part of the
Services and the Website. TRAVELBUG is a trade mark of Katch Up Limited Limited. You may
not without our prior written permission, in any form or by any means:
- Adapt, reproduce, copy, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish, transmit
or create adaptations from any part of the Website or its contents; or
- Commercialise, copy, or on-sell any information, or items obtained from any part
of the Website or its contents.
- not to use any software, process or device to copy, collect or harvest data or other
content from the Website;
- not to decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble or otherwise deal with any software
underlying or forming part of the Services or the Website; and
- not to do anything or take any action that imposes an unreasonable burden on Travel Booking
Services' computer systems.
- Waiver and Severability: Katch Up Limited will not be deemed to have waived
any right under these terms and conditions unless the waiver is in writing and signed
by Katch Up Limited. Any unlawful or voidable provision in these terms and conditions shall
be read down so as to be valid and enforceable or, if it cannot be read down, will
be severed without affecting the validity, legality or enforceability of the remaining
- Headings: The headings used in these terms and conditions are included
for convenience only and do not affect or limit these terms and conditions.
- Privacy: Katch Up Limited collects personal information about you through
your use of the Services and the Website, including:
- your contact details; and
- information relating to your use of the Website and the content you access.
You agree that Katch Up Limited may use this personal information to assist Katch Up Limited to
provide the Services to you, for internal research purposes, to verify your identity,
for promoting and marketing other Katch Up Limited products and services to you, and for
any other use that you authorise.
Katch Up Limited will provide Operators with the information required to facilitate a booking
that you make through the Travelbug site.
Katch Up Limited uses the BookIt system in order to provide you with the Travelbug site.
View the BookIt Terms and Conditions.
Katch Up Limited will not sell or allow third parties to access your personal information
without your consent. Katch Up Limited releases account and other personal information only
when it believes release is appropriate to comply with the law, to facilitate court
proceedings, to enforce or apply Katch Up Limited' terms and conditions or protect the
rights, property, or safety of Katch Up Limited, its website users, its members or others.